Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Child neglection

16th November, 2011

Today,while watching the physiotherapy performed on a kid, the grandmother told me in tears that the kid's mum left the kid because of the delayed development. I was stunned...The grandmother was worried, worrying there's no one who will look after the kid when she passed away..

Of cause I wasn't crying in front of her. However, the story was really sad and it taught me to give thanks all the time while giving our care and empathy to those who are less fortunate than us..

Last night, I played card games with one of my patient. He was really cute and he was admitted snce the first day I started my practical in HSM. He was really bored so I spent 15 minutes to play with him. He was reall happy after that. I believed that we, the medical student's job was not only clerking and doing the physical examination on the patient...we need to cheer them up also.

"The hunger of love is greater than the hunger of bread." -Mother Teressa

No comments:

Post a Comment