Saturday, February 13, 2016

Chinese New Year 2016

Day 1 CNY: Go to work with very unwillingness, but once I saw the babies in SCN, I smiled. Received a premature baby, sent to NICU. Quite busy until my friends have to pack some food for me tho I am not the one PM shift on the day. Yeah, that's my first day. 

Day 2 CNY: Again, received a baby from OT, I was informed by OnG MO for category 1 caesar. Attended, baby unable to maintain the saturation under room air, CPAP was given and again the baby ended up in NICU. Again, that is my second day. Staff nurse in the NICU warned me, Dr. Evelyn, I don't want to see you bringing another baby into NICU tomorrow morning, don't be so "huat" although it is CNY season. Smiled at them. Babies are so determined and so strong to stay alive. Good job babies!

Day 3 CNY: Today I had my PM shift, attended 2 OT cases at my near-to-end of my shift. Things go well, thank you Lord.

Day 4 CNY: My ON (On Night) shift today.  There's a baby LO and there's acute patients in ICU. My MOs worked hard. Many babies in postnatal ward, and attended two cases at around 5, thankful to God, I was so touched when I saw the staff nurse in postnatal ward helped me to take all the serum bilirubin! Feeling relieved, I ran to OT to attend a category 2 caesar. 

Day 5 CNY: Postcall, extremely sleepy. I felt asleep while driving and .... I had an accident. The accident itself is scary, but the people involved are even more scary. Thank you Lord for sparing my life. All I have now is yours. Totally yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment