Saturday, March 2, 2013

2.3.2013: 更新操练 Learn to Spiritually renewed


Luke 5:33-39

1.我的生命与生活中的“需要”,“重要” 和 “优先次序”是怎样的?

In my daily life, having the quiet time in the morning has become my priority. Initially it is not like that.

When I have times in the morning, I will read the bible and meditate on God's Words. There are also times where I will do other stuff first in the morning. E.g. continue my assignments, read something or prepare my breakfast! I will have my quiet times at night, before I sleep.

However, as time goes by, I started to prioritize my quiet time with God and make it a compulsory thing in the morning, after I get myself ready to go to hospital/college. I even prioritize it over my breakfast. I no longer prepare my breakfast, I will just grab something in hospital/college. Why is it so?

Point 1: Beginning my day with spiritual food

I use Bible in One Year application in my iPad as the guide for my daily devotion. Everyday, I will have to read a small section from Psalms/Proverbs, New Testament and Old Testament. Following that, there is some explanation for the bible verse that I just read. The author of this Apps will extract some points from what I have just read. Hence, when I met any hardship during the day, I will browse back the verse that I have read or the point that I got in that morning. This give me peace and I can act wisely, rather than been very impulsive in response to the hardship. In the smooth and sailing times, I will remember God and praise Him, also, by meditating his Words that I had gone through in the morning. And as times go by, things get better. I started to control myself from being anger towards certain things that occur during the day, and now, I would say that my life had become better than the life I have before this!

Point 2: I don't want to Procrastinate

This is my based on my personal experience, once I stopped reading the bible and meditate for one day, I will persistently stop it, as if I am having a long holidays for reading the bible. It is not good because without God's Words, I could easily fall into the temptation.

Regarding my "needs" and my "desire". Honestly, I was a bit messed up with that. My needs is to study, and my desire will be all sorts of entertainment. And here, I need to learn how to control myself from spending too much times for my desire!!

No comments:

Post a Comment