Monday, July 29, 2013

My spiritual partner, my angel, my sister!

God gives me an angel, before He took away my beloved grandfather. So, what is that? Here is my sharing..

I met a friend in Masland Methodist Youth Fellowship and later, we become spiritual partners. 

She is a very good friend, I still remembered, the night after the funeral, I was very sad. I sat in the car and called her up..and I could not control myself and cried. We talked for a very long time, and amazingly she managed to make me smile in the end. Even before my grandpa passed away, she will either come to my place or I will go to her house, and we will have a so called sharing session? We shared a lot of things :) I thank God for giving me an angel!

She is my spiritual partner, she gives me encouragement, continuously. She said I should avoid all the voices around me and focus only on God's voice. She encouraged me to learn how to pray. She gave me reading materials to boost up my spirituality. I can send her my prayer requests and she will pray for me. Only now I realized, how important it is for one to have a spiritual partner, so that whenever one is weak in faith, another one will encourage and they will walk through it together. I thank God for giving me an angel!

Last but not least, she is like a big sister. There was once, after the cell group fellowship, she sent me back. On our way, the light of the lamp posts on the road suddenly went on and off. I told her that I was scared and she immediately asked me not to be scared while patting on me. The night when my grandpa encountered the second attack, I was so scared, I don't know what to do and I called her up, although nothing much she can do. But I know she did pray for my family well-being. Again, I thank God, for giving me an angel!


Well, if you asked me am I thankful for my mum, my grandma and etc. Yes, I do! And now I thank you Lord for giving me a friend/spiritual partner/sister. I am writing this, so that I know how blessed I am. 

Proverbs 18:24, "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

I have found one but ultimately, of course, Jesus is the friend who sticks closer than a brother/sister!

Now I am already on the flight, I guess it is going to land soon? Hopefully! I am really tired but I still have to finish up 3 case reports! Gambateh!

Evelyn
In the airplane
8.27pm.


She is ....
Lending me a shoulder to cry, when problems came I failed to bear,
In your hectic life you give a try, wiping away all my tears.
Somehow we seldom spend much time together,
Always, we remember each other in prayer.

Evelyn,
10/8/2013, 11 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment